I have been mostly out of the hobby for the past couple of years. Life has been pretty busy with school and work, and my sports passion just wasn’t as high as it has been in the past. I would occasionally play with my COMC port, but that was about the extent of my involvement. This past month, I started organizing my collection and it got me back into the card mood. A few random musings off that:
- I sold my COMC port, and have sent in ~ 160 cards I had on-hand that weren’t part of my PC. I’m looking forward to turning those into PC cards. I probably took a slight loss on my COMC port to pay for it, but I’m OK with that decision right now, and it was probably inevitable at some point.
- My PCs are the most organized they have been in years. It’s a good feeling to be able to open up a folder of cards and have everything there in order.
- In the past, I have focused mostly on Football. I’m thinking about pivoting to Baseball. This is largely motivated by the fact that my Atlanta Braves have one of the best farm systems in Baseball, and will hopefully be contenders again sooner than later. Additionally, Topps getting out of Football pretty much killed my desire to chase current product there.
- I think the extent of my Football collecting at this point will be mostly oriented around older product. Cards from around 1999-2006 (when my main team, the Titans, were last good) have always been my favorites, and I’ll probably stick there with Football for the most part. I will continue building my Titans, Vols in college uniforms, and Jason Witten collections, as well as my 2013-2015 Bowman Football set building.
- My Baseball collection has been pretty paltry, so I’m mainly focusing right now on trying to fill in holes in my Atlanta Braves collection.
- I’ve been trying to get rid of a bunch of base I put together in my organizing. I flipped several team lots (plus a random NASCAR collection I had) into a bunch of Titans for my collection. Now I’m trying to figure out how to cost-efficiently move around 1,000 Base Commons while getting at least something for them.
- I’ll try to post a little more frequently over here in the coming future, so stay tuned!